4/1/11

16 Weeks

I was 16 weeks on Monday, but I wanted to wait until after my Dr. Appt to do my weekly post.  I had a rough start to the week, I didn't even make it to work on Monday from feeling so crappy.  I have learned a valuable lesson, and that is to bring my allergy meds home on the weekends.  Other than Monday I have had a really good week, and have been feeling pretty good.

Total Weight Gain: 6 lbs so far....my doctor said I am right on track.




Sleep: Still adjusting to sleeping on my side. 



Food Cravings: I am still loving anything salty.


Food Aversions: Last week it was turkey meat, but I was able to cook spaghetti with it this week, so I guess I am over that.



Movement: YES!  Such a wonderful feeling.  It is very subtle and I wouldn't even know what it was but I told my sister what I was feeling, and she said it was the baby.  After I eat something sweet I can really feel it moving.

Gender: I FINALLY got to make the ultrasound appointment, and we go APRIL 18th!!  I cannot wait to find out what we are having a be able to start calling it by name.....which means we should really get to work on picking out names.

What I miss: Sleeping on my back


Questions for other moms: Did any of you get a maternity pillow?  If so, did it help?  Did you only sleep on your left side?  My Dr. said it doesn't matter, but I looked online and it said to sleep on the left side.  I seem to be more comfortable on my right side.


What I am looking forward to: Seeing our baby in two weeks!  Some people say that they get to see it every other time they have a Dr appt, but we only get to hear the heartbeat, so it will be so exciting to actually see it.


Best moment of the week: being able to feel it move.  It is just another thing that makes it seem more and more real.


I am really bad at this picture taking thing.  I don't have a picture of just my belly, but I have one from one of the showers I went to last weekend, so you can kind of get the idea.  I am not even going to promise to have a better picture next week ,because I am obviously bad at keeping them, but I will try my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS