4/12/11

18 Weeks....

I was 18 weeks yesterday, and my weekly e mail said the baby was the size of a bell pepper.  I am sure I will be expanding rapidly in the next few weeks, because the baby is growing so fast.  This past weekend I helped host a bridal shower for my friend Jill, and boy did I learn my lesson about overdoing it.  I have been feeling so great lately that I don't even feel pregnant, but my body knows that I am, and I need to watch how much I push it.  I was up at 7 in the morning, and on my feet (in heels during the shower), until about 6 that afternoon  We had a heat wave here in Nashville, so I don't think the 85 degree weather helped.  I was up early for church on Sunday, and it was all I could do to get home and get back in the bed.  I took an hour and a half nap, which is not like me, because I am typically not the napping type, and hit the sack at 7:30 Sunday night.  The good news is I felt really rested and ready to face the work week ahead.


Total Weight Gain: I am trying to decide if I want to get a scale for my house and keep up with it, or just go by what the Dr. says every month.



Sleep: It is getting harder and harder for me to sleep on my side, and I rarely (other than Sunday night) get a full nights sleep without waking up, but I guess that is part of it.



Food/Eating: I changed this up a bit, and just made it all one category.  I have not had any major cravings or aversions this week.  I will say my appetite has increased tremendously, I may or may not have had a whole carton of strawberries yesterday.   I am also loving watermelon, but I can't seem to find any really good and ripe ones yet.  I am not sure if this is a craving, because I love fruit in general.  I have to eat every three hours or I am starving, or I just munch on fruit throughout the whole day.



Movement: I have not been feeling the baby move nearly as much as I was last week, which makes me really nervous.

Gender: Less than a week and we will know!


What I miss: having a closet full of clothes to choose from.  I have bought things here and there, but my wardrobe is definitely limited these days.




Questions for other moms/moms to be: Did any of you have circulation problems?  I wake up several times during the night and either my arm or leg is asleep, and sometimes it hurts really bad.


What I am looking forward to: finding out what we are having, and being able to start shopping!



Best moment of the week: The Dr. called and said the blood work to test for birth defects came back normal.  I know there are still plenty of things that can go wrong, but it is just one step closer to having a healthy baby.


I am not sure if I have told you all or not but my sister is pregnant too!  Baby Maddie (Madison) will be here early July.  It has been so great to go through this experience with her, and I am so excited that our kids will grow up together.  Here we are this weekend at the bridal shower I mentioned earlier in the post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS