3/7/11

One Sick Mama

You know how I said one of the reasons I didn't think I was pregnant was because I wasn't having any symptoms?  Well that was very short lived, it did not take long for the morning/all day sickness to rear its ugly head.  It is very exciting when you find out you have a little bundle of joy growing inside of you, but you really don't know how exciting it can be until you get past the sickness and can fully enjoy being pregnant.  For all of you moms who did not have any sickness and had the perfect pregnancy, I envy you.   I will have to say I am very foturnate, because the sickness did not last the whole first trimester.  I keep calling it sickness because the term morning sickness does not describe it best for me.  It was like clock work I would wake up in the morning and as soon as my feet hit the ground I would have to run to the bathroom to puke.  Then I would attempt to eat something, but it was really hard because the smell of EVERYTING made me sick.  The only thing that sounded good was cereal, so I would eat that and head straight back to bed to lay down until I had to force myself to get up to get ready for work.  I usually ate either a grilled cheese from Sonic or a PB&J for lunch, but it didnt matter what I had I would feel sick.  I would only get phycially sick in the morning, but I would just have that feeling of nausea and on the verge of puking all the time.  In the afternoon it was all I could do to make it home so I could crawl in the bed, if I could eat dinner it was usually cereal and then it was straight to bed for me.  I have always heard that you were really tired during your first trimester, but that is the understatement of the century!  I have never felt tiredness like that in all my life, and I guess you have to be or have been pregnant to fully understand it.  I told Luke I felt like I had a parasite growing inside of me, because it was literally sucking the life out of me.  Speaking of Luke, I cannot put into words how wonderful he was while I was so sick.  He would cook for me(which I usually couldn't even eat), clean house, keep up with the laundry, all while waiting on me hand and foot.  I usually cook dinner every night, but I could not stand the smell of anything to cook so when I finally got to feeling better I made him a really nice dinner to repay him for being so wonderful to me.  I am feeling great now, I finally feel and can eat like a normal person.  I had a really hard time at the beginning thinking about the weight gain, because I have been working so hard for so long to get myself in shape, but I am going to take the advice my mom gave me and just embrace it. Another thing I am excited about is being able to eat healthy again, I didn't eat terrible, but I definitly was not eating like I should.  I am getting back to working out, and it makes me feel so much better about myself.  I know it probably sounded like I was not happy being pregnant, and to be honest I was so sick I could not even think happy thoughts.  Now that the peanut has given me some relief I love it to death and cannot wait to meet him or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS