5/6/11

21 Weeks

Is it already Friday?  This week has flown by, and I could not be more excited about it.  I have been playing catch up on sleep this week from my trip last weekend.  I had such a great time, but I came back feeling more exhausted and worn out than when I left.  In fact I was laying in bed on Sunday and I had the weirdest pain that I have never felt before.  It was a really quick, sharp, tight pain in my stomach, and it only happened once so I didn't get too worried.  I asked my Dr. about it on Monday and she said it was more than likely braxton hicks contractions.  I told her about my trip, and she said I may have overdone it a little and let myself get dehydrated.  I think she is probably right because I was out in the sun a lot, and I'm sure flying did not help either.  So I have been drinking lots of water this week to keep from having them again.


Total Weight Gain: I was not a happy camper when I stepped on the scale at the Dr. on Monday.  I have gained 16 total, and my goal was 25-30 for the whole pregnancy.  I would like to blame it on being on vacation, but there really is not an excuse.  I am making a huge effort to be more conscience about what I eat from now on.  My Dr said I was right on track with my weight, and that this is the time when the baby is growing the most, but it is still a little more than I would like.

Sleep: I have had no problems at all since I have been so tired from my trip.

Food/Eating: Well I have been trying to watch what I eat this week so my ice cream craving is not helping the situation. I had to break down one day and get a blizzard because I thought I would go insane if I didn't.  I have still be eating a ton of fruit.

Movement: He moves more and more everyday, and every time I feel it my heart melts.

Gender: Boy!  We are getting started on the nursery and picking out fabric for the bedding this weekend.

What I miss: After going to my friend Jill's bachelorette party I miss being able to drink with my girlfriends.  It was the first time I have really missed it a lot.  It didn't bother me I couldn't drink when we went out, but just sitting around talking with my girlfriends and drinking wine, or having a cold beer on the beach is what I missed.

What I am looking forward to: getting started on the nursery, and having a definite plan on what we are going to do.

Questions for other moms: How early did you start having braxton hicks contractions, and are they comparable to the real thing?

We are going to have a low key weekend which is just what I need.  I LOVE the KY Derby, and going to college in KY made me really have a new appreciation for it and get into it so much more.  So I am really excited to head to friends house tomorrow night to watch the big race!  I still need to decide who I am going to put my money on.....just as a hint I usually choose jockey rather than horse :).  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Here I am at 21 weeks.....I think this is such a sweet picture.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know what a braxton hicks was until after I delivered. What I thought was miss Lilah "pressing" her booty against my belly was really a braxton hicks. It didn't hurt at all, almost just like a muscle spasm. It just felt like a lot of pressure. It feels NOTHING like the real deal. Real contractions are painful. Mine started with a dull ache in my back that moved to pain in the front of my belly really low. I never really noticed the muscle actually contracting, I just felt the pain. Now don't get me wrong, I was in labor for 2 days and didn't even know it. I kept telling myself that a "real" contraction would hurt way more than this. So don't expect just god awful pain, it hurts - but not like i thought it would. The closer you are to delivering, the more intense they become, but that God for epidurals :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS