5/4/11

Photos of Osama

I rarely get involved with politics or controversial issues, and don't get me wrong I have my opinions I just choose to keep them to myself most of the time.  Since this is my personal blog and I am entitled to say whatever I want I need to get on a soapbox for just a moment.  The issue surrounding the releasing of photos of Bin Laden after he was killed have struck a nerve with me.  I am well aware that all of the hype is all the media, but some of the things i have been hearing are just mind boggling to me.  I for one have no desire to see the photos because I trust our military and government when they say that the job was done, not to mention I do not want to see gory photos of someone who has been shot no matter who it is.  I know they say that there are theorists out there and what not, but let them have their theories and opinions that doesn't mean that these photos should be released just to pacify them.  I think it is so rude and disrespectful to the brave men who carried out the mission by saying that there needs to be proof that the job was done.  It also worries me that releasing the photos would put our troops in danger and risk retaliation more than they already are. I have heard reports of people saying that we should not be happy about him being killed because of the danger to our troops, and I don't think there is a need to be boastful by releasing photos, but we also cannot be scared to show that we did not take 9/11 lightly, and that we mean business.  The whole reason for searching for Bin Laden for 10 years and going to war was because of 9/11, and I think the most important thing is the families of the victims can sleep a little easier at night knowing that justice has been served.  While I am aware that this doesn't mean the war is going to end I think we are a little closer than we were before.  I know there are people who would not agree with me, and I am perfectly fine with that this is just my personal opinion.   As Forrest Gump would say.....that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS