6/28/11

Madison's Baby Shower

Thank goodness Maddie allowed us to have her baby shower over the weekend, and did not make her debut.  I wanted to go with a shabby chic theme, and Ashley wanted something simple since it is her second child.  I think we achieved just that with a small brunch Saturday morning.  I love brunch and it was really nice getting the shower done early in the day, but we had to work hard Friday night and get up early Saturday morning.  I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked, but when you are hosting it takes the back burner. 
I used milk glass for the decor, and I found the cute 
                                            birdcage at Hobby Lobby and added the moss and
                                             flowers myself.


I used the my china that was handed down
to me from my mother in law to serve the food,
and the tea cups were perfect for
the fruit salad with vanilla yogurt..  I made the
food labels with card stock and scrap booking paper




The food spread and beverage table


My sister has been craving cake pops from the Almond Tree,
and after tasting them I know why.
As a gift for everyone (or to have as dessert at the shower)
my mom and I made homemade peach pies in a jar.  I made the cute
little tags and I think they turned out great if I do say
so myself :)
Here is the beautiful mom-to-be
Here we are together, it has been so special
experiencing being pregnant together, and
she has provided so much advice and support.


She is still hanging in there, and we are expecting Maddie any day now.  She has been having contractions every 10 minutes since last night, so she is just waiting for them to be 5-7, and we are heading to the hospital.  I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful event!

    www.sarahandthecityblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS