5/11/12

"Oh Happy Day"

I feel like there are so many exciting things going on with some of my best girlfriends I thought I would do a post about it.

Last weekend I got a phone call from my friend Leigh telling me that she was engaged!  Leigh and I met in college, and our friendship has only grown stronger since we graduated.  She recently moved to Destin, because her FIANCE is stationed there.  Such a terrible place to HAVE to live, right?  We do not get to see each other as often and we would like, but I see many trips to visit in my future.  She and Gregg went on a trip to New Orleans for Jazzfest last weekend, and he did such a wonderful job with the proposal.  Leigh is definitely one of those girls that is so deserving of a happy ending, and it makes my heart smile knowing that she has met her soul mate.  We may or may not have tossed around ideas for her wedding long before the engagement, so I am excited to see it all come to life!  Leigh, I am so thankful and blessed to have you as a friend.  I know that you are going to be such a stunning bride; I am so excited to see you become Leigh Lamb :).  In the meantime we will continue to obsess over working out and dieting ha.  In honor of her trip Hudson told me he wanted to hear the onesie she bought him the last time she was in NOLA.








Tomorrow my best friend Brittany is having her first baby shower for Ethan!  I cannot believe it is almost time for him to be here, it seems like just yesterday she was telling me they were pregnant.  I am so excited that our baby's that will be so close in age, I know Ethan and Hudson will grow up so close.  Luke and Michael have been friends since they were in grade school, I know they are thrilled to both have boys to grow up together.  I see many nights at the ballpark for me and Brittany.  Brittany and I have been friends since high school, went to college together, married best friends, so its only natural they are having a baby now:).  I am so excited to have a newborn to love on, I know Brittany is going to be such a wonderful mother, because she loves Hudson so much.  When she is around I never have to wonder where he is, because I know she has him, if fact he may get a little jealous when Ethan gets here.  He has been used to being the object of every ones affection, he may not take well to another baby in the picture :)





Next up, My friend Jill's birthday is this weekend!  Jill and I met in college as well, she has become one of my best friends, and a constant sounding board when I need someone to lend an ear.  I was fortunate enough to have her live with me for a short while after college, and we had so much fun.  We shared many nights sitting on my balcony drinking wine, and talking for hours.  Lucky for us our husbands hit it off right away, and we hang out often.  Jill has been studying for a big test for her job, so I have not seen her as much lately.  We are going to have a belated Birthday/the test from hell is over party as soon as she gets her freedom back.  Jill, thank you so much for being such a great friend.  In college I would have never imagined our friendship to flourish into what is is now.  I hope you have a great birthday!





I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I plan on taking full advantage of my first mothers day.  I plan on sleeping in, reading, relaxing, lounging by the pool, and relaxing some more!

2 comments:

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS