I did it!

That's right folks, I completed my first 5K!  It sounds silly, but it may have been one of the proudest moments in my life.  I worked so hard training, and I was so worried I would let myself down.  Not only did I complete it, I ran the ENTIRE time.  Now it was not fast, and there were times it was questionable if I was actually running, but my legs kept moving.  When we started out we immediately went up a hill.  I don't know if it was the hill, or my nervous/anxiety, but I thought I was having a heart attack.  I trained outside, in a neighborhood full of hills, so I think it was the nerves.  I thought I was going to have to stop, because my breathing was so rapid, and my heart was beating out of my chest....not even a quarter mile in.  I finally talked myself down, started to calm, and set a good pace.  I ran by people, people ran by me, but I never let it discourage me.  I just listened to my music and enjoyed the scenery.  I had to dig deeper than I ever had by the end, because I was running out of gas.  I said I wouldn't focus on my time, but I DID have a time in mind.  I was hoping for around 35 minutes, so there was just a tinge of disappointment when I saw exactly 37 minutes when I crossed the finish line.  I also felt pretty proud considering the longest I have ever ran is 30 minutes.  I am so happy that I pushed myself so hard to do this, and have such a passion for running.  I also felt completely justified over indulging later that day.  I plan on taking the month of December working on my pace, and I am going straight into training for a 10K.  Thanks so much to all of my Friends and family for the love and support, especially Luke.  He watches Hudson everyday while I run, and he was there cheering me on for my first race.  Sadly the race pictures are the only ones taken on Thanksgiving day.

My sister and her family did the family fun run.  She WILL be running it with me next year :)

My sister in law (who is a BA runner)

Our "team"  Allie and my uncle Jake.  They both finished in less than 30 minutes.

After the race-notice the red face?

I did take a few other pictures that day.  My celebratory drink :)

Loaded up ready to head to Nana and Paw Paws.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving this year.  My family had so much to be thankful for , and I am so happy we were all able to be together.  This post took me so long, because I was holding out on blogger wanting me to PAY to add more photos....geez!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! I had just finished the Couch 2 5K and I hurt my back and had to stop. I'm still down, but hoping I recover soon so I can get back to running!!