10/9/13

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Today is my older and only sisters birthday!  Almost everyone that meets us thinks we are twins, but she is actually 3 years older. For as long as I can remember I have looked up to my sister.  She is such a shining example of what a wife, mother, friend, and sister should be.  She has paved the way for me my entire life.  When we were young we fought like cats and dogs.  I would hog the bed, occasionally pee on her, and she would beat the crap out of me.  Even in the midst of our fighting we have always been each others best friends.  We would spend endless hours playing with play dough, Barbies, and riding bikes.  I remember being devastated when she went to school.  I would be so lonely, and count down the minutes until we would pick her up.  When she was in high school she would let me stay up late, and hang out with her and her friends.  I thought she was so cool.  When she left for college, I was left with a hole in my heart yet again.  It only took a few short years for me to graduate high school, and follow her to WKU.  We lived together her remaining two years in college, and I was left to finish school on my own.  My mom has always told us "you will never have a better friend than your sister."  She was so right.  I know without a doubt I can count on my sister no matter what.  There have been times in our lives when we weren't as close as others, but I always knew she would always be there for me.  I think we are closer now than we ever have been.  Being pregnant at the same time was such a wonderful bonding experience, and I will always cherish that time.  She taught me how to be a great mom, by example.  She is always there to be a voice of reason, and help me through any problems I may be having.  We are complete opposite in so many ways, but we are still so incredibly close.  I hope her girls grow up to have the same love and appreciation for each other.

Ashley,
I want to thank you for being such a wonderful sister, and always being there for me no matter what.  You have taught me so much, and I will always be grateful for our relationship.  I simply could not imagine my life without you.  I hope you have a wonderful day, and I love you so much!










No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS