7/20/11

32 Weeks

I was 32 weeks pregnant with Hudson Monday, and as you can see in my previous post this has been quite the week.  If it is possible I am more thankful than ever for my sweet baby boy, and cannot wait to meet him.  This week has had me on an emotional roller coaster, other than my fall I had a bomb dropped on me when I went to my appointment last week.  My Dr. told me that she was moving her practice to a different hospital effective Sept 1st,  and she would not be delivering me at the current hospital she is at.  She told me she was joining a group and it was purely a financial move, but that did not make me feel any better.  I know some may think i am crazy for being as upset as I am about it, but the hospital I was going to deliver is 5 minutes from us and all of our family, and I am already so familiar with it.  My sister has had both of here babies there and I know the staff is great.  I have never even been to the new hospital, and know nothing about it.  On top of all that to be honest I am pissed that she just nonchalantly dropped this on me two months before I have my baby.  She even told me it had been in the works for a while, so I just feel like she could have let her patients know a little further in advance.  I have even contemplated changing Dr's, but once its all said and done I do love my Dr, and I am sure I will get great care at the new hospital.  I just do not do well with change and it is going to be an adjustment, I am going to stay with my Dr, and just get familiar with the new hospital.  The only way I will change Dr's is if she cannot guarantee that she will deliver me, which is something I am worried about with her joining a group.  One of the reasons I chose her is because she is in an independent practice and always delivered her patients babies, unless she was out of town.  I don't want to go through the hassle of a new hospital if I don't even know that she will deliver Hudson, when I could get to know a new doctor, and stay at our current hospital.  How would you all feel if your doctor did this to you?? 

Total Weight Gain: I had gained 3 lbs at my last appointment so I am up to 27 lbs. 

Sleep: My sleep has been OK this week, with my ankle needing to be propped up my ritual to get comfortable at night is quite comical.  I FINALLY got a body pillow, and I wish I had not just talked about it for all that time, because last night was the best nights sleep I have had in a while.

Food/Eating: Ever since my fall I have been extremely nauseous, and not feeling well at all.  I have been physically sick a few times, but I have come to the conclusion that I have been worrying myself sick.  I talked to the nurse at my doctor's office yesterday and she really put my mind at ease and made me feel so much better.  I am still getting full really easy, and I have found smaller, more frequent meals seem to work the best.

Movement: One of the things that prompt me to call my doctor's office was not feeling him move as much.  He is usually a very active baby, and its not that he isn't moving, just not as much, and his kicks are not as strong.  The nurse assured me that everything was OK, he is just running out of room to move, it just so happened to be around the time of my fall that his activity will be slowing down.

What I Miss: I am too thankful to be missing anything this week.

What I am looking forward to: I know i have been saying this forever but I cannot wait for his furniture to get here.  It should have been here last week, but some reason our order was put on hold.  They have assured me it will be here this week, so if I don't get a call today or tomorrow I will be losing my patience.

Best Moment of the Week: After I was released  from the hospital on Saturday we went back home, and my mom and aunt finished cleaning out the nursery.  There were odd and end things left in there, and it needed to be cleaned.  They cleaned out his closet, and I was finally able to hang all of his little clothes in there.  I realized that I have done a pretty good job of not going crazy buying stuff, but I know after my shower it will look like he has more, and I can buy whatever he still needs.

Here we are this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS