12/20/11

Our Christmas Decorations

Some of you may know by now that I LOVE the holidays, and I love decorating our house.  I always try to get our decorations out the weekend before Thanksgiving, so we have plenty of time to enjoy them.  I do have a confession, I am not a huge fan of a lot of outdoor decorations.  I just like the simple wreaths, and candles in the windows.  I told Luke, once Hudson gets older he will have to start putting lights up outside.  We finally finished our den (after flood damage), and started using it this year.  We have a HUGE window in that room, and I realized I need a bigger tree, so I will be on a mission the day after Christmas.  I decided to go with a new theme/decorations for our newly renovated room, so the decor is minimal.  I plan to get more decorations and ornaments for my tree the day after Christmas.  Here are our decorations this year...

I am looking for a new topper this year as well, I was going to make a bow, but it ended in disaster

I grouped my Christmas balls, and helps with the bare spots on the tree.
I am weird and like to match my wrapping paper with my tree.

I never know what to do with my Christmas cards, so I just taped them to the wall.  I am on the lookout for something to hang in that spot next year to put them on....I need to make a list for the day after Christmas shopping. I just noticed Jax in this picture....sneaky little guy.


No mantle, use the staircase :)
I LOVE the way our stockings turned out this year, simple and classic. I ordered them from Pottery Barn.


I love my lanterns on the steps, I just change out what is inside them with the seasons.



I think my TV stand needs garland with lights next year.  I had a poinsettia on there, but it bit the dust.



I framed our Christmas card to add to the decorations, I really like the way it looks, so I think this will be something I do every year.



I think I went a little overboard decorating with Christmas balls this year.  Please excuse my mess from wrapping gifts.

So, there you have our little humble abode, I am going to be sad when it all has to come down.


1 comment:

  1. Aw. I love your decor! So precious! I like the lanterns with the balls inside on the step, very cute!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS