3/20/14

39 Weeks

I was 39 weeks pregnant on Tuesday.  I had my Dr appointment yesterday.  I have been in LOTS of pain the past week.  Lots of contractions, back ache, soreness, and just overall not feeling great.  I officially feel like I have hit the "miserable" wall.  It is crazy to me how the last few weeks of pregnancy can feel like eternity.  Every single night I think "it could happen tonight."  The night before last I was up puking at 11.  It was not fun.  Some nights I pray I don't go into labor, because I don't have the energy to push a baby out.  I am so tired of washing my hair and shaving my legs ha ha.  Those of you who have had a baby probably understand the feeling.  You get up everyday, and spend extra energy getting yourself cleaned up and looking presentable on the off chance you could go into labor.  Luke makes fun of me for taking so many showers a day.  I quickly explained to him that if there was a chance an army of people could be all up in his  private parts that day he would want to make sure he was very well cleansed too. So, back to my appointment yesterday.  I was certain I had made progress with all of the pain I have been having.  After checking me she said I was still at a two and 50% effaced.  I was deflated.  I was so frustrated, and on the verge of tears.  Thank goodness I did not do this post yesterday or it would have had a much different tune.  After feeling emotionally and physically drained yesterday, I said lots of prayers and went to bed early.  I had the best nights sleep I have had in a week, and woke up feeling so much better.  I feel less anxious about when Sullivan will be here. and have a much better attitude.  We set my induction date for March 31st, and I know he will be here no matter what in less than two weeks.  I am going to enjoy these last days of being pregnant, and not focus on going into labor.  I am going to get a pedicure this weekend, go to a baby shower, and spend the rest of my time relaxing.  I know this is the calm before the storm and I am going to try to focus on resting up.  Thank goodness my dad is really understanding, and I am working as much or as little as possible at this point.  I really really hope its not just the good nights sleep and I can maintain this attitude for the next week and a half.  I cannot express how much I appreciate all the support I receive from friends and family checking in on me.  It means so much that so many people already care so much about Sullivan.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers.  I will continue to keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS